Fenn Tool sponsors Express Engineering (Oil & Gas) Ltd who tackled the Stockton River Rat Race 2014 to raise funds for Tiny Lives Charity.
Fenn Tool has supported Ian Finley of Express Engineering in Gateshead and his team of 35 colleagues and friends to help raise money for a charity close to Ian’s heart – Tiny Lives. Ian and Team Express have currently raised over £3,000 for the charity after completing the Stockton River Rat Race on Sunday 24th August, but this wasn’t just any normal race, it was a 10 kilometre run with a twist! Over a thousand people competed in the annual race which sees people swim, wade, crawl, climb, jump, splash and run around an urban obstacle course alongside the River Tees.
Tiny Lives is a charity which supports premature and sick newborn babies on the Neonatal Unit at the RVI hospital in Newcastle Upon Tyne. All donations will help provide much needed support for parents and staff at the unit by providing:
- A package of support for every family so parents can chart their baby’s progress, including a memory box, journal, mini boo’s and stickers to record those early critical days, weeks, and sometimes months
- A family room and accommodation as families often have to stay close to their baby – Financial support for low income families who may have to travel for many months from across the region
- A Neonatal Physiotherapist to aid early development, support families, and train nursing staff
- Specialist training so nursing staff have access to the latest developments in neonatal care
- A dedicated Social Worker to provide social, emotional, and practical support for parents
- Bereavement support for those who require help at that difficult time
- Research grants that enable the unit to lead on neonatal developments and offer the very best care!
If you would like to donate to Tiny Lives please visit www.tinylives.org.uk to find out how.
For more information and coverage on the event and Ian’s story please head to the links below
Fenn Tool would like to congratulate Ian and his team on their amazing success and for raising over £3000 for Tiny Lives. We look forward to seeing you compete next year and maybe we might nominate someone from Fenn to join your team!